Mergers & Acquisitions
Sales & Marketing
Strategic Catalysts Inc.
Strategic and Financial Advisors to Technology Companies
David W. Rowat is a Partner with Strategic Exits Corp., who helps technology entrepreneurs design and execute optimum exit transactions.
David has been Founder and CEO of a tech start-up and previously been CEO, CFO, and COO of public and private companies, both as a full-time employee and on contract through Strategic Catalysts Inc.
David has managed acquisitions, finance, operations, administration, and marketing, raised public and private financing, and managed Boards as Corporate Secretary.
Full Résumé | Director's Profile
- Canada Line Rapid Transit Project (CLCO)
- CLCO was the public-sector special purpose agency responsible for procuring a private partner to design, build, finance and operate a rail rapid transit line connecting Vancouver, Richmond, and the Airport, from 2002-05, and managed the obligations of the public sector in the construction of the Canada Line from 2005-2010.
2002-2006: Finance Director and Officer.
- Officer and senior member of management team which closed $1.9 Billion Concession Agreement and $1.3 Billion financing involving 5 government agencies.
- As Procurement Manager, managed RFP process and communication with bidders.
- Developed risk management plan and quantified risk registry from scratch to calculate public sector contingency.
- Wrote multi-volume project report justifying federal funding of $450 million.
- Developed reporting and payment procedures enabling pre-payment of federal contributions. Established multi-lateral Steering Committee overseeing federal contribution.
- Prepared files and processes for Sarbanes-Oxley style federal compliance audit.
- Developed Code of Conduct.
"David built the systems and procedures which enabled the negotiation and management of one of the largest and most complex infrastructure project in BC’s history. The Canada Line directors slept better knowing that David was watching the numbers." - David Unruh, Chair, Audit Committee